Rep. Gerry Connelly, in a WaPo video, called Khashoggi's disappearance "one of the most profoundly disturbing developments in worldwide diplomacy" and has called for a full investigation. "Everything points to them".
Saudi stocks dived 7.0 percent in early trading on Sunday as the oil-rich kingdom comes under increasing worldwide pressure over the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. She said the writer first visited the consulate on September 28 "despite being somewhat concerned that he could be in danger".
The strong comments by the US President came as Saudi Arabia is facing massive global pressure over Khashoggi's disappearance.
The statements from Europe follow warnings from US President Donald Trump, who said the alleged crime had "something really awful and disgusting" about it. "It's being investigated, it's being looked at very, very strongly. We want to get to the bottom of it".
On US President Donald Trump's invitation to the White House, Cengiz said she would "consider accepting" such an invitation if Trump helped reveal what happened to Khashoggi.
Cengiz described how hard it was, in the middle of dealing with Khashoggi's disappearance, to have to cancel all their wedding preparations.
Mr Trump, who took his first overseas trip as U.S. president to the kingdom and whose son-in-law Jared Kushner has close ties to Prince Mohammed, said he had not yet talked to the Saudis about Khashoggi. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also spoke with the crown prince "to reiterate the United States' request for information", Sanders said.
He said he would be "very upset and angry if that were the case", but ruled out halting big military contracts. Saudi Arabia has denied the allegation.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevut Cavusoglu said Saudi Arabia was not yet co-operating with the investigation despite a statement from Saudi Interior Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif bin Abdulaziz saying his nation wanted to uncover "the whole truth", the BBC said.
His fiancee said the journalist was invited to the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul to obtain documents needed for his upcoming marriage. Khashoggi lived in self-imposed exile in the United States.
On Saturday, Turkish officials told the Post that Khashoggi had been killed at the Saudi consulate. No evidence of him leaving the consulate has been made public, but Turkish officials also have yet to provide evidence he was kidnapped or killed.
But Riyadh insisted the 59-year-old journalist had left the building and that murder claims are "baseless".
"I would like to confirm that".
Security camera footage released on Wednesday by Turkish television showed a man believed to be Khashoggi enter the consulate.
"We are anxious about this case", al-Otaibi said. His disappearance has touched off a diplomatic crisis amid fears that he may have been killed at the behest of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Cengiz says she was questioned by Turkish investigators after the disappearance and has had a few calls with officials since. The Post report cited USA intelligence intercepts of Saudi officials discussing the plan, as well as interviews with some of Khashoggi's friends.
Technology experts say it is highly unlikely the watch could have recorded actions inside the embassy and uploaded them to an iCloud account.