No LA sex charges for Spacey, Seagal, Anthony Anderson

Spacey Seagal

LA authorities decline to file sex crime charges against Spacey | TheHill

In the Spacey case, a man claimed he was sexually assaulted in 1992, but the D.A. concluded it was well beyond the statute of limitations, and "Therefore, an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence is not warranted".

The 1993 accusations against action star Seagal fell outside the statute of limitations, while Anderson's accuser declined to be interviewed and prosecution was declined due to lack of evidence, the office said.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office said Tuesday it would not bring sex crime charges against actors Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson and Steven Seagal, the Hollywood Reporter reported Tuesday. He strongly denied the allegation.

Prosecutors have also decided not to file charges against actors Steven Seagal and Anthony Anderson over alleged sex crimes.

In a statement to PEOPLE, Anderson "unequivocally" disputed the woman's claims. Both have been accused in other alleged assault cases now under review by the task force established by District Attorney Jackie Lacey previous year to assess the wave of sexual harassment-related police reports filed in the wake of the #MeToo movement.

The Old Vic theatre said it has received 20 allegations of inappropriate behaviour against Spacey. The victim was 18 years old at the time.

The Anderson case, which was investigated by the Los Angeles Police, involved a woman who claimed he assaulted her earlier this year.

A number of allegations of sexual misconduct have been made against the Oscar-winning actor since last November, when he was accused by actor Anthony Rapp of making a sexual advance in 1986.

The two-time Oscar victor has been accused of sexual misconduct by at least 15 men, with alleged incidents spanning his decades in film and on the stage.

He was also sacked from Netflix's House Of Cards and edited out of Sir Ridley Scott's All The Money In The World.

Latest News